A 7,000 square foot double-storefront from 1848 in Greenwich Village was transformed into Loring Place, Chef Dan Kluger’s first solo endeavor. The simple interior of whitewashed brick contains a beautiful custom concrete topped bar, a bi-level dining room and a semi-open kitchen with a wood burning pizza oven and char-grill. In keeping with Kluger’s vision, elements of the space were rebuilt out of repurposed raw materials from the original building.
complete renovation with special materials
A key visual element in the restaurant is a custom fabricated steel and glass tree sculpture fabricated by Big Show’s team of contractors and craftspeople. Each leaf on the tree is hand-blown glass lit from within by LEDs. Over the bar hangs more custom LED, the fixtures were fabricated to exacting design specs by one of our experienced shops.
Big Show served as construction manager for the project, overseeing the entire process from demolition to final touches. Extensive renovations had to be done to the old building before the space was habitable, it was stripped and gutted to the shell and then built back up as the design evolved to meet the design intent of architect Craig Shillitto. Throughout the entire process, great care was taken to salvage any materials that could be repurposed later.